Filing a Claim


Any person injured or having property damaged by official acts of city employees may file a claim with the city for compensation in relation to any financial loss resulting from the injury or damage.

Claim Submission Guidelines

Claims must be submitted to the Clerk's Office within 180 days of the date of occurrence.

Under A.R.S. 12-821.01, claimants are required to state their damages with a specific dollar amount for which they will settle their claim and, to support that amount with evidence. Claims will be deemed defective without this information.

Claim forms are available through the City Clerk's Office, which may be contacted at (928) 432-4005.